Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 70 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Foundation Partners Group (FPG) is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional Partners and Team Members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join with us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Market Leader at South Columbia Care Center in Columbia, SC. The Market Leader is responsible for providing leadership, direction and technical expertise for the Care Center and all Thompson Funeral Home locations, including first calls, removals (in-house and trade), handling of the deceased, embalming, cremation and resource management. Works closely with the Location Leaders to provide direction and coaching for all Care Center matters. The Market Leader must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, multi-dimensional thinking, and the desire to be an agent of positive change. Passion, unquestionable ethics and the very highest levels of family service skills are required.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create an environment of trust, open communication, creative thinking & teamwork.
- Motivate & engage Team Members – inspire mission and build advocacy by making sure Team Members understand how their work supports our business strategy.
- Lead by setting a good example – role model behavior consistent with your words.
- Understand key team member engagement drivers, and actively work to connect with team members on an individual and professional level.
- Set clear expectations and ensure Team Members are held accountable to performance standards.
- Provide daily coaching and performance feedback. Work closely with Location Leaders on coaching and performance issues related to staff working in and supporting Care Center activities.
- Facilitate problem solving & collaboration.
- Train and mentor new team members, ensuring that they have the necessary knowledge and technical skills to effectively do their Care Center roles.
- Recognize & celebrate team & individual accomplishments & exceptional performance.
- Provide leadership, direction and performance coaching to Funeral Directors and Funeral Services staff for functions directly related to the Care Center.
- Drive all Care Center functions, including:
- Embalming, cosmetizing, dressing.
- Service assignments for Funeral Directors and Funeral Services staff (based on location schedule).
- Fleet staffing, care and logistics.
- Work with Location Leader to facilitate scheduling of rotational Funeral Director/Embalmers to assist in the Prep Room.
- Manage cremation staff and sign off on cremations.
- Manage administrative processes and workflow related to the Care Center.
- Interface with Physicians as needed.
- Strictly adhere to and stay up-to-date on OSHA, Regulatory and Compliance procedures for Care Center. Provide Team Member training as needed.
- Manage Care Center budget on a weekly basis, working closely with the Location Manager, Accounting and senior leadership.
- Submit projects/Capex for budgeting.
- Actively hold Team Members accountable for inventory and cost controls.
- Manage and monitor labor costs.
- Identify and facilitate Cluster efficiency
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed Funeral Director
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Management
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Position requires some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with internal, as well as external customers, community leaders, clergy, and grieving client families.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong basic computer skills
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Health plans available (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Employer paid life insurance, STD and LTD
Interested candidates should email resume.