Any consumer who inquires about an establishment’s services is entitled by law to the firm’s General Price List. This printed list, available to the customer to keep, itemizes the retail prices of a funeral. It must specify the charges for the following items, provided they are available for purchase through the establishment:
1. Basic Services of Funeral Director and Staff
3. Other Preparation of the Remains
4. Services and Facilities for Viewing
5. Services and Facilities for Funeral Ceremony
6. Services and Facilities for Memorial Service
7. Services and Equipment for Graveside Service
8. Transfer of Remains to Funeral Home
11. Casket Price Range
12. Outer Burial Container Price Range
13. Forwarding of Remains to Another Funeral Home
14. Receiving Remains from Another Funeral Home
15. Direct Cremation
16. Immediate Burial
The General Price List must also include the name, address and phone number of the establishment, the effective date of the price list and a notice concerning your rights on pricing.
Please note that there may be charges for items such as cemetery fees, flowers and newspaper notices. After completing all arrangements, you must be given an itemized Statement of Funeral Goods and Services.